Friday, July 22, 2005

P.S. Kiss The Duchess For Me

As I explore this blogging experience, I hope to illustrate and outline some of my projects and concepts, and new ways to share and promote them. Many are familiar with the book about my grandfather-P.S. Kiss The Duchess For Me-and though I have it linked to the right, as a way to keep it fresh I am experimenting with the link feature in my posts.

One day I hope to publish it in a hard volume. On one of my trips home I came across a complete copy of the manuscript as well as correspondence documenting the lengths to which my late mother, the duchess, went to in trying to get it published and/or turned into a movie. Included is correspondence between folks such as Tom Brokaw and Stevenn Spielberg's production company. And that is what strikes me the most about it, when I read, that it really is a classic story just begging to be turned into something more!