Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Michele Bauer's Trip to the Chapel

Remembering, wondering whatever came of Michele Bauer. She had married Walter Mattheau's son, whom she meet kind of via me, via Greg Davis, whose Dad, the late oil tycoon who bought Fox back in the early 1980's I believe.. maybe it was just the studios, or I don't' know?!? I know or think I know that it is now owned by Rupert Murdoch.

But that's not my point. Greg was my roomie for a short time at USC, and Michele ran off with him to party at his bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel, and met Charlie there. And they dated for years, and finally they married in the late 80's or early 90's. That was the last time I saw Michele. I was living in Sierra Madre at the time, in Munchkin Land, up in the canyon. She came by a couple times to visit and was upset because Charlie was asking her to sign a Prenup agreement.

She wanted to dump him but then relented, and I guess it was a good thing for Charlie because recently I saw Charlie's picture in the newspaper, with a new wife on his arm, a blonde, and no mention of Michele; just that it was his second marriage.