Saturday, December 10, 2005

Waterlion Books, Looking Blue Pressworks and Flow Control.

Updates from Joe Rossi & Flow Control

I kind of like the idea of doing a show on the Joe Rossi Report that features the music of Double Down. From Dylan and the Stone Roses, to The Eagles, Grateful Dead, Paul Williams, Beatles, Alice-in-Chains, Oasis, and The Doors. The Joe Rossi Report airs on glpradio.com from 3 to 6 p.m. CST. We've been featuring the music of our good friend Byron, as well as a cut Dave Osti recommended we download. It's a ripping hot song called Brown Eyed Suzy.

BTW, my dreamcast for Double Down now includes Hillary Duff as the Sugar Spun-Sister. For Louie I think the perfect candidate is Wilmer Valderrama, who plays Fez on That Seventies Show. Perhaps Jim Carrey could play the Rooster. I'm not sure about Jack, though Bruce Willis would be cool Harrison Ford is just too old. Same with Mel Gibson. I might add, Drew Barrymore was for the longest time Ginny, but she's getting too old. Hillary Duff for a few more years, would be perfect.

  • In other far out news, we have learned that Margaret, our dear friend Margaret is expecting, thus making our dear friend Judy, a soon-to-be Grandma, which is cool news. Really cool news.

  • From out of nowhere, a blast from the doors chat past, the cat that flew by double V, a guy I was really hoping to hear from you see. He's doing cool and is happy, and that makes my day. That pushes the number to three, the number of friends who have contacted me because of my post a few months back in July: The Missing.

  • Still waiting to hear from Marshall Nagle, Suzanne Sellers, Doug Maas, ... among others.

  • Tweaking and fine tuning Double Down at lulu.com and the storefront for Looking Blue Pressworks. Check out http://lulu.com/lookingblue.


  • A printed version of P.S. kiss the Duchess For Me is coming soon!


    Yes, typing lookingblue sparked in me the realization I wanted to talk about how I was reaching back into my past, to look for names of my Imprint, as I venture forth with this self-publishing effort. And that of course made realize that in
    among others includes Ken Whiteley, guitarist extraordinaire and founding member of the Looking Blue the band that recorded Rock & Roll Socks, and Round, Black Eyes. I miss Ken.
And it also makes me think of Tree, because I always loved the name of the song Waterlion, and think that's a fine name for an imprint: Waterlion Books. She had written a song called Waterline, and I misheard her when she told me the name, and she liked Waterlion better. It was a great song, in fact. Somewhere around I have a cassette copy. Ken Whiteley, myself, Tree and a few others, like Terry Burke, and Doug Maas, played in a band called Loose Connection. Tree was the female vocalist who succeeded Pamela Rasada, another name and face I haven't talked to in some time.

Finally, Flow Control. Flow Control is what I do for UPS. I am a flow controller. I kind of like the way that sounds: Flow Control. Flow Control Books doesn't work, but if ever have another band, it just could be: Joe Rossi & Flow Control.


Yeah, right.