Saturday, August 13, 2005

It's about the sex, stupid!

What was the slogan in Clinton's 1991 campaign? A similar slogan occurs to me these days--almost every day--when I'm confronted with the daily news of violence related to the middle east. Because for me, I think it's about the sex. About the love. About the umpteen virgins in the afterlife. People capable of such suicidal destruction have no joy in this life, no feelings of connectedness. Even sexuality is buried beneath a veil, the burqa. The flesh is evil and imprisoned. These people are miserable because they hate their bodies, their own corporeal nature and the demands of the flesh.

They have no jobs, no livelihood, no hope. Is it no wonder they see martyrdom then as a way to say "just fuck it all!" It's about the love stupid, or lackthereof.

Anyway, A lot is going on, and as well I'm extremely busy. The video "Help Somebody," by the Van Zant brothers, is number 2 on the country music channel!!! Jerry is one of the two little boys; the littler one.

UPS is keeping me pretty busy. I'm always amazed at the mixture of emotions I feel for working for UPS. Sometimes, it's all about the people, the different people I interact with everyday. The sense of teamwork and camaraderie. At the same time, there is always the sense of being taken for granted. I can't believe the price of gas these days. I wonder how the people who are responsible for how we are compensated, can sleep at night, knowing that they have done nothing to offset the deep impact the price of gas is having on our pocketbooks!

I got an email from Dave Osti. Amazing. Fucking amazing. What an amazing musician. His email brought back a ton of memories. How we had him play drums in the studio for Heaven Can't Make Up Her Mind. All the memories. Fuck. Ok that's all for now.