Saturday, March 04, 2006

Blast From the Past Part 2

To be put on a list of bumper stickers we'd like to see:
  • Fair & Balanced My Ass
Ever notice those billboards that ask, "Does Advertising Work?" To which they answer their own question with a perky response: "Just Did." Fat chance. Just because I see a billboard does mean that advertising works. Now, if I go home and immediately call Reagan Outdoors, or Lamar, or whoever, and put down some cash for six months of advertising on the northbound side of I-35, then yeah it worked, but not until then.

And today's blast from the past is Russell Masunaga, or Dr. Tooth, based in Hawaii. Went to USC with Russell and even lived with him and his future wife Kathy, for a spell back in the early 80's. Russell is doing well as a dentist. Called the phone number I found for them via the Web, and Kathy answered. She sounded suprised to hear from me. Anyway, I think that website they have must be a real old one, because it shows them with their kids, and their kids are like kids, and I know that the last time I talked to them, oh ten years ago, their kids were kids.